#28BuckDay


Before people ask,
NO I did NOT starve myself today, NO I did NOT do this in PROTEST of anything, NO I did NOT do this because someone challenged me to.. I did this Just cuz I'm CRAZY in general, and wanted to check whether it's possible or not.. 

Okay... so "the Day" started off yesterday midnight at 12, my action plan was simple.. spend as less as possible, cut down on all luxuries and MAKE certain exceptions to the 28 Rupee Rule for eg. I didn't account for the house rent, I didn't account for the water, I didn't account for the fact that I couldn't afford a single day's college tuition, and also I didn't account for the clothes I wore(I TRIED to wear my Cheapest ones) and related stuff. 


Firstly, THIS is what 28 bucks looks like.. 

This was THE limit. THE only amount of money that I was carrying on me all day. It made me do really a stupid thing I'm NOT proud of and something I don't actually Promote/Support..


Finally starting off with the Compromises.. NO ELECTRICITY.
This was the only light source I had last night.. Sleeping
with sweat on your face IS a tough time. Yes I
wanted it to look pretty as well

Waking up to virtually NO breakfast came next, and I say so cuz i'm a Protein Junkie who gorges on 5 egg whites and half a liter of milk as soon as I wake up. This is how I look (not in threemps cuz i used the video call camera for these) 



















Trust me, it's a REALLY REALLY Bad feeling.. 


Moving on, the first 4 Bucks I spent.. They were simply on a single pack of Tiger Biscuits, which constituted one half of my "breakfast" which was late enough to be mixed up with my lunch timing so, it helped me shift my lunch together with my dinner..


My Most Favorite biscuit brand, and holding a packet of it
felt so good today.. for reasons unknown.

This Cute Little Piece of DOG started following me as soon as I bought
that pack of Biscuits. I Sooo wanted to rip the pack open and
give it to him, but the #28BuckDay kicked in


Next came the next Compromise.. Walking to college instead of riding. It wasn't a new feeling cuz I'd walked this way before.. just a few pics to let you know what it looked like. (I know it looks more like a trek than a walk, the reason is Positive, they're laying down a Sewage pipeline)

Nice-ness 
The pessimist would say, "man such a bad road".
The optimist would say, "hey!they're laying down a new pipeline"

This pic, showing the awesome highway has NO significance
whatsoever..  I just pointed my phone
 somewhere and clicked



Moving on to the Next 4 Bucks I spent, "CUTTING-CHAI" and Dunking them Tigers in the Chai(well that came for free)



Though for just Rs.2 more I could've gotten a Full Chai, but i just Like
the li'l glasses in which we get a Cutting instead of the lame cups

A TIGER IN SUNLIGHT.. This too GOT Dunked. 

The next pic shows what I was left with after the "breakfast-ish" excapade..




Okay Now comes the time for the Textual story(no i couldn't CLICK any pics due to Time Constraints), so the deal is I had to Make it to a random meeting in a place which lies nearly 15km's from my place.. Hence I Naturally CHOSE the lifeline of Mumbai... for the rest of this boring story, contact me on fb or via email...


Walking back, this is a really common sight, and a few of these ARE my Awesome friends too

Moving on, I Returned from the aforementioned meeting at it was DAAARK... I stopped at a Store and bought my Dinner Ingredients(just two) and a Single CANDLE..

the Single Candle Will Definitely be a New Blogpost, cuz i've Clicked really trippy pics of it..

moving on, a VAGUE Teaser .....
as BAD as this pic is, I am Assuring you that  "the Single Candle"
will MOVE you



The final few Expenditures: 
                                                 a) 250ml Packet of Milk: Rs. 8
                                                 b) Half of a Small Bread Packet(Yes i convinced the       : Rs. 5
                                                     shopkeeper to open the packet and give me half for 5)
                                                 c) 10 Smses: Rs. 1


No I wasn't Starving when I reached home but "thanks to my MOM" I was reminded of this real cool thing I used to eat when I was a Kid, I used to call it "दूध-bread" and Trust me it's the AWESOMEST thing to eat on an empty stomach. Cut ur bread into little pieces, Pour some milk..MIX and THAT's IT.


wait for the bread to soak it up a bit, and enjoy... Super Filling and super awesome..

oh yeah, you people can add in Sugar.. IF you ever try this out.!






At the end of the day.. this is what i looked like(kinda dead cuz it's CANDLELIGHT)..


AND THIS IS WHAT I PROUDLY SAVED....





Hope you had fun reading.. I know I could've been more organized about the whole day but this #28BuckDay plan came directly out of my spine, and i barely gave any thought to it..

All the love and awesomeness .. . 




Comments

  1. good work akku ..... i appreciate your efforts n will do try to follow ur experiment !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

15-Aug-2012

Blur....